ZFS - abysmal performance with samba since upgrade to 8.2-RELEASE

Christer Solskogen christer.solskogen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 18:46:04 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 8:55 AM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:

>  # Set TXG write limit to a lower threshold.  This helps "level out"
>  # the throughput rate (see "zpool iostat").  A value of 256MB works well
>  # for systems with 4GB of RAM, while 1GB works well for us w/ 8GB on
>  # disks which have 64MB cache.
>  vfs.zfs.txg.write_limit_override=1073741824

Sorry if you have said this before, but could you elaborate a bit
about this number? For instance, how much does the cache on the disk
has to say.
In my case: 3x1.5TB raidz with WD15EADS-00R6B0 which has 32MB cache
and 12GB memory. What would you recommend and why.

--
chs,