Removing all ZFS support from boot process

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Fri Feb 11 00:24:16 UTC 2011

On 11/02/2011, at 1:43, Mark Powell wrote:
>  After boot0 starts and the USB boots it displays Drive C: is disk0 etc. for each drive. Then I can hear all the drives making noises. Sounds like the devices are being tasted, with the spinning char. This goes on for sometime. Often the machine hangs solid and I have to reset. It can take 3 or 4 attempts before the OS boots. I can tell it's hung by pressing the caps lock key. If the capslock light doesn't work I hit reset and cross my fingers.

This is before the kernel boots, correct?

ie the hang occurs before any bold text is printed on the screen.

Can you take a picture of where it hangs? (you will have to host it somewhere though, as the list will reject non text attachments).

I suspect it's in the loader and quite possibly it's your BIOS that is at fault, or at the very least there is a nasty interaction with it.

Is there an update for the BIOS? Does this happen on other hardware?

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum