dtrace ustack kernel panic

Andriy Gapon avg at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 3 08:20:33 UTC 2011

on 03/08/2011 01:39 maestro something said the following:
> hm userland and CTF not that I know. I only recompiled the kernel with CTF. Do I
> have to recompile userland (and would that be make world?) If so can i just pass
> the same WITH_CTF=1 option to make?

I _think_ (as in: not sure) that for ustack() to work correctly it needs CTF
information for userland bits.

I've never done this myself, so be warned, but I guess that, yes, you need to
recompile/reinstall world with WITH_CTF=1.
Also, I seem to recall that there were some reports that some things were
getting broken because of WITH_CTF=1, so be cautious, plan a way to recover your
system from non-working world.
--
Andriy Gapon