if_rtdel: error 47

Li, Qing qing.li at bluecoat.com
Wed Sep 1 22:32:51 UTC 2010

Hi,

Without seeing your mpd link configuration, I am guessing the IP address
of all of
the local end points of your ppp links is the same IP address. If that's
the case,
the error message is harmless.

The reason being, for ppp links and in pre 8.0 release, if you try
pinging the local
end IP address, you will see packets are leaked out towards the default
gateway.

I fixed this issue by installing a loopback route for the local end.

Since multiple ppp links all having the same local IP address, but only
one such
loopback route is installed, when links are torn down they would try
deleting but
that entry would stay until the final link referring to that
self-pointing route
is gone.

--Qing