Fail to use Dtrace on FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE

Zhihao Yuan lichray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 06:09:12 UTC 2010

 ~> uname -a
FreeBSD compaq.yuetime 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #0: Thu Nov 18 01:32:06
CST
 2010     root at compaq.yuetime:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HOUKAGO  amd64

I added the required options to the kernel config file:

 Code:

options KDTRACE_FRAME
options KDTRACE_HOOKS
options DDB_CTF

and compiled/installed the kernel WITH_CTF=1 successfully.

sudo make buildkernel KERNCONF=HOUKAGO WITH_CTF=1
sudo make installkernel KERNCONF=HOUKAGO WITH_CTF=1

The dtraceall is loaded, and dtrace -l works. But whenever I want to run a
dtrace command, I get something like:

~> sudo dtrace -lP syscall
dtrace: invalid probe specifier syscall: "/usr/lib/dtrace/psinfo.d", line
37: syntax error near "uid_t"

The error message looks like what you got when WITH_CTF=1 is not presented.
Any idea?

--
Zhihao Yuan