TTY task group scheduling

Alexander Best arundel at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 18 18:56:35 UTC 2010

On Thu Nov 18 10, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 06:23:24PM +0000 I heard the voice of
> Alexander Best, and lo! it spake thus:
> >
> > judging from the videos the changes are having a huge impact imo.
>
> Well, my (admittedly limited, and certainly anecdotal) experience is
> that Linux's interactive response when under heavy load was always
> much worse than FreeBSD's.  So maybe that's just them catching up to
> where we already are   ;)

well...i tried playing back a 1080p vide files while doing
`make -j64 buildkernel` and FreeBSD's interactivity seems far from perfect.

it might be possible that linux'es interactivity was worse than freebsd's,
but still this patch should be evaluated for freebsd. in this particular case
it seems linux now does better than freebsd.

cheers.
alex

--
a13x