8.1-STABLE: problem with unmounting ZFS snapshots

Alexander Zagrebin alexz at visp.ru
Sat Nov 13 06:30:53 UTC 2010

> Yes, this is indeed a leak introduced by importing onnv revision 9214
> and it exists in perforce as well - very easy to reproduce.
>
> # mount -t zfs test at t1 /mnt
> # umount /mnt (-> hang)
>
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6604992
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6810367
>
> This is not compatible with mounting snapshots outside
> mounted ZFS and I
> was not able to reproduce the errors defined in 6604992 and 6810367
> (they are Solaris-specific). I suggest we comment out this code (from
> head, later MFC and p4 as well).
>
> Patch (should work with HEAD and 8-STABLE):
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mm/patches/zfs/zfs_vfsops.c.patch

The patch was applied cleanly to the latest stable.
umount doesn't hangs now. Thanks.

Let me ask a question...
I'm updating the source tree via csup/cvs.
Is there a method to determine a SVN revision in this case?
If no, then may be possible to add (and automatically maintain on
svn -> cvs replication) special file into cvs tree
(for example, /usr/src/revision) with the current svn revision inside?

--
Alexander Zagrebin