Abysmal re(4) performance under 8.1-STABLE (mid-August)

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sat Nov 6 12:21:04 UTC 2010

> Hello Pyun,
>
> On this new server, I cannot get more than ~280kByte/s up/downstream

I have been working on a similar problem with Pyun's help. Not yet
resolved and no idea if it is the same problem, but see below...

> Any ideas?

I have been chasing a similar problem w.r.t. re(4) { slow NFS reads on
-current }. You could try building a kernel with "options DEVICE_POLLING"
and see if that helps. If that makes it work faster, then it might be the
same issue.

rick