8-STABLE freezes on UDP traffic (DNS), 7.x doesn't

Jonathan Feally vulture at netvulture.com
Tue Mar 30 16:09:36 UTC 2010

Attila Nagy wrote:
> [...]
I also have had my network go dead on a recent 8.0-STABLE on bge system.
Console is alive, but network just stops. I am running it as a router
with untagged on bge0 and nat of traffic on vlan201 tagged on top of
bge1. I haven't had it lock up in 3 days, but I will try the -txcsum and
-rxcsum on both interfaces to see if the problem still persists or not.
I do have a lot of tcp traffic, but there is also unsolicited udp flying
in as well.

-Jon

--
Scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner