7.2-p7 -> 8-STABLE mergemaster core dump

Jorge Biquez jbiquez at icsmx.com
Thu Mar 18 17:41:52 UTC 2010

At 01:55 a.m. 18/03/2010, Doug Barton wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Mar 2010, Cristiano Deana wrote:
>
>>yes, i knew.
>>but i was updating via ssh, so forget "run in single user". i also
>>know the exact procedure, but i upgrade hundreds of times before today
>>making this procedure and always went fine.
>
>So, it works just fine right up until the time it doesn't work. Feel
>free to deviate from the documented procedures, it's your system.
>Just don't be surprised if things break.
>

>Doug

Hello all.
With all respect Doug, users that have remote machines and do not
have access to it to boot single user like the manual says.. what can
we do? I understand that step is to be sure that no user will modify
something while we are doing those process. In my case I do that step
after midnight when our users are not in the server.

Can others with remote systems comment about what they do in this step?

Thanks in advance

Jorge Biquez