msk gigabit NIC missed interrupts and watchdog timeouts

Scott Ullrich sullrich at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 18:06:43 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would you try latest msk(4) in HEAD? I think you can download
> if_msk.c and if_mskreg.h from HEAD and can build it on stable/8.
> Due to added interface capabilities you have to add the following
> code in the beginning of if_msk.c to build it on stable/8.
>
> #ifndef IFCAP_VLAN_HWTSO
> #define IFCAP_VLAN_HWTSO        0
> #endif

No problem.  Just compiled a kernel containing the newest files.

> Also show me the output of "devinfo -rv | grep phy".

nas2# devinfo -rv | grep ph
                  e1000phy0 pnpinfo oui=0x5043 model=0xc rev=0x2 at phyno=0

I am now testing the new kernel and it has been under load for quite a
while.  I shifted 2+ gigabytes through it and it seems OK now.

Thanks for the help !!

Scott