Jails & 8.0

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Mar 12 03:53:54 UTC 2010

Sorry for the cross-post, but this is a 'thank-you', not a request for help.

I want to express my sincere appreciation for all of those who made
FreeBSD jails a viable virtual server solution for us who required
multiple IPs, particularly those who demand/require IPv6 support:

%jls -v
   JID  Hostname                      Path
        Name                          State
        CPUSetID
        IP Address(es)
[..snip..]
     8  v6only                        /usr/jails/onlyv6.com
        8                             ACTIVE
        9
        208.70.104.90
        2607:f118:8c0:800::64

Not only that, FreeBSD 8 is just absolutely fantastic. Although I've
only been using FreeBSD since 4.3, I never could have dreamt that the OS
would ever have a release that is so close to its core values, but at
the same time so feature rich and stable, particularly for those who
like to use the OS as a network (L2/L3) platform in many cases.

My hats off. Thanks all! What a tremendous job.

Steve