Incorrect super block

Harald Weis hawei at free.fr
Sat Mar 6 11:43:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 02:51:59PM -0800, Chris Knight wrote:
> This problem is caused by a big-endian, little-endian difference
> between the OSX implementation of UFS and the FreeBSD implementation.
> http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=86385

Yes, that's a good reason why both ufs1 and ufs2 don't work.

> I solved this problem for myself by installing MacFuse

MacFuse is not yet available for Snow Leopard (10.6).

I've made some trials to understand the tar options and had a big
surprise yesterday: tar seems to have an enormous bug. For example:

tar -c -f etc.tar /etc
tar -r -f etc.tar /home/me/.icewm/
tar -u -f etc.tar /etc

The last command should not modify etc.tar.
But that's not the case.
There seems to be no difference between the -r and -u option.
How on earth is this possible ?

Harald