No Pipe Symbol using X-Server via XDMCP

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 15:13:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 5:09 AM, Thorsten Baumeister <Toras at gmx.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 13:43:27, Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com> wrote
>>I had a similar problem with running virtualbox under Windows 7.  The
> problem was caused by one of the Keyboard drivers that was installed
> under Windows 7.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the
> driver.
>
>>What keyboard drivers are installed on your Windows XP system?
>
>>Scot
>
> Hmmm - there are two drivers:
> One for the 'HID' Keyboard (C:\Windows\system32\DIVERS\kbdclass.sys, C:\Windows\system32\DIVERS\kbdhid.sys)
> and one for a standard kyeboard with 101 / 102 Keys or MS Natural Keyboard (C:\Windows\system32\DIVERS\i8042prt.sys, C:\Windows\system32\DIVERS\kbdclass.sys).

I don't have the first one installed on my system, but I have the
second one installed.  I don't believe that the first keyboard drive
would have caused the issue.

My keyboard issues were caused by the Microsoft eHome MCIR 109
Keyboard driver, the fix for this was to change it to use the
"HID-compliant device' driver.

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboards-Mice/G15-Tidle-key-in-Oblivion/m-p/116978

Scot