em interface slow down on 8.0R

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 19:16:04 UTC 2010

I am investigating it, and have a suspicion about what's going on, you can
assist in verifying my suspicion.  In if_em.c search for "em_setup_vlan_hw",
you will find a compile time option that uses that only if FreeBSD_version
is > 700029, hack the code however you wish so that it uses the OLD way
(ie that it never calls em_setup_vlan_hw_support()) and see if that makes
the issue disappear.

If you have any problems or questions email me directly.

Jack