em interface slow down on 8.0R

Marco van Tol marco at tols.org
Thu Jan 28 12:17:05 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 09:00:35AM -0800, Nick Rogers wrote:
> Is it advisable to patch 8.0-RELEASE kernel sources with the latest
> (CURRENT) em driver (i.e., src/sys/dev/e1000)? It looks like there are some
> updates to the driver since 8.0-RELEASE that may fix some problems?

While on the em subject, forgive me if I mail this to the inappropriate
place, but is there any ETA on progress for bug kern/141646?

I'm currently suffering from it and would be willing to provide needed
assistance for fixing it.

Thank you very much in advance,

Marco van Tol

--
Most general statements are false, including this one.
- Alexander Dumas