RELENG_7 changes for rc.d/named

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 1 21:00:49 UTC 2010

Since you chose to reply to the list rather than to me personally, I
will do the same, although frankly the whole meta-discussion is off
topic, and should be handled privately.

Michal Varga wrote:
> I'm sorry to put it this way, Doug, as I (as many other people around)
> really value the work you do for FreeBSD and for all of us. But in
> this case, your whole reply seems like you are just randomly punching
> a guy out of some (external?) frustration, only because he was, well,
> in the wrong place at the wrong time.

You are of course entitled to your opinion. My reading of the OP was
different than yours, and yes, I was offended by what I interpreted as
the suggestion that I would commit a change like that without testing it.

To the extent that my interpretation was incorrect, or to the extent
that I overreacted in my response, I apologize. Now let's move on.

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso