mountd segfaults in NFSv4 if -alldirs is present in exports

George Mamalakis mamalos at eng.auth.gr
Fri Feb 19 15:44:51 UTC 2010

Hi all,

the title explains it all...

But ok, let's be a bit more extensive.

If I have one line in /etc/exports reading:

V4:  /  -alldirs

and try to start mountd, it segfaults with signal 11. From the manpage I
read that -alldirs is the "second method" used to export a filesystem
and V4 is the "third", maybe implying that they are mutually exclusive.
Nevertheless, I suppose that mountd shouldn't segfault in my case, it
could just refuse to start giving an error message or something. I've
tried a different /etc/exports containing a dummy option -dummy instead
of -alldirs and mountd won't segfault, hence there's no problem with its
parser.

--
George Mamalakis

IT Officer
Electrical and Computer Engineer (Aristotle Un. of Thessaloniki),
MSc (Imperial College of London)

Faculty of Engineering
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki

phone number : +30 (2310) 994379