Efficacy of PR's [was Re: FreeBSD 7 installs where FreeBSD 8 wont due to CD]

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Tue Dec 7 05:38:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Andriy Gapon wrote:
 > on 07/12/2010 01:44 Pete French said the following:
 > >> Apparently you've been born with a silver spoon or something :-)
 > >
 > > ...more likely an ability to irritate people until it gets fixed ;-)
 >
 > That's exactly the reason why I said "unless the reporter also actively pursues
 > it" :-)
 >
 > Because as my experience shows most of the unresolved PRs are of
 > fire-and-forget[*] kind.
 >
 > [*] forget - unless some developer for some reason starts bugging the reporter,
 > but that's an unnatural order of things :-)

Well in that case, I'm most impressed by the swathe of unnatural acts
you've been performing on mostly old [acpi] PRs the last few days :)

Seriously though, your view on this is encouraging; I was starting to
suspect that the reason nobody's yet commented on my '60 second stall
resuming Thinkpad T23 on 8.x - regression' post the other day was that I
hadn't yet filed a PR on it .. but I tried here first precisely because
I've really no idea whether it's a kern, acpi or maybe net/fxp issue,
and neither, I suspect, would whoever had to assign it to somewhere.

cheers, Ian