Next stable version

Daniel Bond db at danielbond.org
Wed Oct 28 11:40:35 UTC 2009

Hi,

according to the schedule, 8.0-RELEASE is a bit delayed. This is quite
usual, but epecially for 8.0 there have been a lot of last minute fixes.

The main schedule is here: http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html#schedule
which links to more updated and detailed information in the wiki: http://wiki.freebsd.org/8.0TODO

If the schedule is still accurate, looks like release building will
start in about a week.

Personally, I often wait untill the X.1 or X.2 release before
upgrading systems allready in production, unless I need a new feature,
but I
advise testing the BETA's and RC's prior to release, so you can report
bugs/issues to be fixed prior to the RELEASE.

Best regards,

Daniel Bond.