8.0-RC1 NFS client timeout issue

Claus Guttesen kometen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 17:22:43 UTC 2009

> I see an annoying behaviour with NFS over TCP. It happens both with nfs
> and newnfs. This is with FreeBSD/amd64 8.0-RC1 as client. The server is
> some Linux or perhaps Solaris, I'm not entirely sure.

I used nfs with tcp on a 7.2-client without problems on a solaris
nfs-server. When I upgraded to RC1 I had 'server not responding -
alive again' messages so I swithced to udp which works flawlessly. I
haven't had time to investigate it though.
--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

twitter.com/kometen