Possible scheduler (SCHED_ULE) bug?

Jacob Myers jacob at whotookspaz.org
Fri Oct 23 22:09:27 UTC 2009

Jaime Bozza wrote:
[snip]
> The additional information I have (over the PR) is that:
> 1) Files over 64K cause the problem, not just larger files
I thought it was over 1 MB or so. But maybe I'm wrong. ISTR that I
couldn't trigger it with some images of around 70K.

> 2) switching over to SCHED_4BSD eliminates the problem - system no longer locks.
I will have to test this. This is indeed interesting...

> 3) 7.2 amd64 doesn't have the problem - Tested a similar configuration and was not able to duplicate on amd64 at all.
I can replicate this problem on FreeBSD 7.2/amd64 reliably.

--
Jacob Myers <Jacob at whotookspaz.org> | Website: http://whotookspaz.org
Network Admin, Wilcox Technologies  | Public key: 186A424A