samba - SIGABRT

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 8 14:43:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

>> This was caused by your setting of the following:
>> security.bsd.map_at_zero=0 You can reset that value to 1 and you should be
>> alright to operate like normal otherwise you will have to compile samba
>> over again with the above mentioned configure options.
>
> Yeah this caused the problem. I wonder how I could have find this by myself
> (google is not counting ;)) I mean, the Abort message is not very verbose
> what the problem is here

Hi Oliver--

While it's probably a bug that the Samba port compiles --pie, it's also a bug
that our linking bits aren't handling PIE properly either.  The goal is to fix
PIE with the non-NULL mapping feature in the immediate future, so with any
luck the abort message won't matter too much longer.

Robert