openssh concerns

Daniel Bond db at danielbond.org
Mon Oct 5 22:49:16 UTC 2009

Hi.

I explained my opinion quite well (imo) a bit further down in my
previous email. I'm not sure what
to answer.

I don't necessarily think it's relevant for every computer running
sshd. I see a tendency to change
sshd port to 2022 and other port numbers. I'm not sure everyone doing
it is aware that using
unprivileged ports also has consequences, compared to (often) a few
harmless logentries.

I'd much rather use an privileged port, or mac_portacl(4), like
mentioned earlier.

Best regards,

Daniel.

I've noticed quite a bit of suggestions to use 2022, 2222 and such