em0 watchdog timeouts

Rudy (bulk) crapsh at monkeybrains.net
Thu Oct 1 21:14:32 UTC 2009

I have a quad card in a PCIe 8x port, and there are 2 ports on the
motherboard.  I just read the manual and see that the on board ports are
PCIe 1x.

I have been seeing watchdog events on the onboard ports as well as on
the PCIe card.  The router is doing roughly 50Mbps on em0, em4 & em5.

Does i386 vs amd64 make any difference to the em0 driver?

bumping TX Ring to 2048.  grep em /boot/loader.conf

if_em_load="YES"
hw.em.rxd=2048
hw.em.txd=2048

Rudy