gjournal + gmirror

Jordi Espasa Clofent jespasac at minibofh.org
Tue Nov 24 12:24:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've configured a new disk with two journaled partitions (/var and
/usr). All works fine until this point.
Next I add a new disk and I set up a gmirror as I've done always without
problems.

But when I reboot the system, I always get a nasty 'mountroot' message.

I've cheched the gmirror creation process (module in /boot/loader.conf,
the modified fstab... all) and all is correct. I suspect some
gjournal+gmirror especial issues maybe....

¿Any clue?

FreeBSD 7.2 AMD64

--
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that
brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.