7.2 dies in zfs

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Nov 21 23:51:40 UTC 2009

> My understanding is that the problem is more that the FreeBSD VM
> system doesn't gracefully handle running low or out of memory.

to me, that's just life in the big city.  the problem i think can be
solved before this is let loose on the unsuspecting public is that there
are really no good tools for tuning.  and the wiki page does not cut it.

there is not even a table of ram size vs load and good starting parms
for the intersection.  or "just don't risk real data with less than 2g
of ram."

randy