V8.x-PRE2 Serious PUC problem - Heads Up!

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Thu Nov 19 14:04:19 UTC 2009

At 09:00 AM 11/19/2009, Karl Denninger wrote:
>Well ok then the uart driver is BROKEN.
>
>It simply locks up on the port after some period of time, returning
>nothing.  I have found no way to reset the port other than a reboot
>either.  That's a "surprise" that people running fax servers and other
>similar things are going to be very unhappy about.

Which serial card are you using ? I have a number of PCI cards (lava
for example) that are working quite well with the puc and uart driver
combo. Perhaps you could post some details about the hardware used
thats having issues.

         ---Mike

Mike Tancsa,                                      tel +1 519 651 3400
Sentex Communications,                            mike at sentex.net
Providing Internet since 1994                    www.sentex.net
Cambridge, Ontario Canada                         www.sentex.net/mike