Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters

Gerrit Kühn gerrit at pmp.uni-hannover.de
Thu Nov 19 08:37:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:37:03 -0600 Barry Pederson <bp at barryp.org> wrote
about Re: Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters:

> > I guess the version of the card I have here was actually intended to
> > be used in some kind of special Supermirco-Extension Slot. However,
> > it fits into a standard PCIe slot and works nicely there as far as I
> > can tell. Do you have the opportunity of using a riser card that
> > would give you one more slot?

BP> Those Supermicro UIO cards look like backwards PCIe cards.  Do they
BP> come with other brackets for fitting into a PCIe slot, or did you have
BP> to go bracketless?

They only come with a bracket that does not exactly fit into a standard
slot. Maybe the other bracket is available, but I did not care much about
it and simply went for bracketless (not much of a problem with a low
profile card).

BP> didn't mention anything about brackets or how it'd work in PCIe slots.

For me it simply works. Only the bracket does not fit.

cu
  Gerrit