Support for SAS/SATA non-RAID adapters

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Wed Nov 18 11:06:00 UTC 2009

> better driver for this marvell chip. If someone gets to port it to
> FreeBSD, the card may be pretty decent choice for those who have PCI-X
> slot on-board.

I have PCI-X and just purchased an unbranded card based
on the SiL3124 chipset, as I was only using SATA 1 before.
I didn't expect much, but it's actually suprisingly fast.
Certainly a lot better than I expected - I've only had it
a week, but so far I would recommend it.

Mind you, this is my first real forray onto the world of non-SCSI
controllers so if I just bought a nightmare chipset with loads of
known issues then please tell me :-)

-pete.