FreeBSD 7.x hang-on-boot on Dell 1950

Zaphod Beeblebrox zbeeble at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 01:57:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Richard Tector <
richardtector at thekeelecentre.com> wrote:

> Can you try with 7.0 (should be available on ftp-archive)?

I can confirm that 7.0 exhibits the same behaviour (and is incidentally very
chatty about probing the raid controller)

> I have a 1950 from Sept '07 that's now running 7.2-STABLE i386 with the fd
> devices removed. It started out as 7.0-RELEASE, so maybe its a problem
> introduced since then?
>
> Also, you didn't mention if you were running i386 or amd64.

This 1950 may predate that a bit, but I'm not sure how to nail it down
exactly, other than by it's hardware components.  Anyways, 7.0 does the same
thing --- still wedged.