8.0-RC1 NFS client timeout issue

Rick Macklem rmacklem at uoguelph.ca
Sun Nov 1 22:10:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009, Olaf Seibert wrote:

> Thanks, it looks like it should do the trick. I can't try it before
> monday, though.

Although I think the patch does avoid sending the request on the
partially closed connection, it doesn't fix the "real problem",
so I don't know if it is worth testing?

I'm hoping that the "Help TCP Wizards..." thread I just started
on freebsd-current comes up with something.

At least I can reproduce the problem now. (For some reason, I have
to reboot the Solaris10 server before the problem appears for me.
I can't think why this matters, but that's networking for you:-)

rick