Sudden wierd SATA problem on RELENG_7 (Re: ZFS hanging at kernel boot now, but didn't before... (Re: ZFS MFC heads up))

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 23 04:26:34 UTC 2009

Hi.

Joe Karthauser wrote:
> I spoke too soon. It must have just randomly booted, because it is now
> hanging again. No amount of jiggling cables has made any difference.

Can you provide verbose boot messages of your system from the beginning
up to the problem? Especially, all related to the ATA.

Do you have AHCI mode enabled in BIOS, or you using legacy ATA emulation?

--
Alexander Motin