ZFS MFC heads up

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Thu May 21 15:22:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 7:12 AM, Louis Mamakos <louie at transsys.com> wrote:
> FYI, I just did an upgrade of my RELENG_7 machine with the new ZFS merged
> in, and it seems to have gone mostly trouble-free.  I noticed one weirdness
> that could be confusion on my part - I'm no longer seeing snapshots when I
> do 'zfs list'.  There's a UI change in the zfs command, and to see
> snapshots, you have to explicitly ask for them:

It's a known change made to the zfs tool somewhere around v11 or so.
It's documented in all the Solaris notes about ZFS.  You have to
explicitily list the type of dataset(s) you want to list with "zfs
list".  By default, it only shows filesystems.  You even have to use
-t if you want to list volumes.

Reading up on the Solaris docs for ZFS is quite enlightening.  :)

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com