ZFS MFC heads up

Louis Mamakos louie at transsys.com
Thu May 21 14:12:26 UTC 2009

FYI, I just did an upgrade of my RELENG_7 machine with the new ZFS
merged in, and it seems to have gone mostly trouble-free.  I noticed
one weirdness that could be confusion on my part - I'm no longer
seeing snapshots when I do 'zfs list'.  There's a UI change in the zfs
command, and to see snapshots, you have to explicitly ask for them:

zfs list -t snapshot

scared me there for a moment..

Thanks for all the great work on ZFS in FreeBSD to everyone involved.
I look forward to really beating on this now in RELENG_7.

Any pointers to running multiple jails with ZFS?  I was looking for
something like a union-mount capability for ZFS.  I don't necessarily
need a jail to run divergent /bin, /usr/local, etc. just the
isolation.  Making a clone doesn't exactly do the same thing..

louie