7.2:named:max open files (3578) is smaller than max sockets (4096)

Chris H chris# at 1command.com
Thu Mar 26 21:29:52 PDT 2009

Greetings,
On a fresh 7 install with a cvsup late morning 09-03-26 I performed a
make buildworld > make buildkernel > make installkernel > reboot to single
user > mergemaster -p > make installworld && mergemaster on an Intel based
CPU. Upon reboot I now recieve the following message when named starts:
max open files (3578) is smaller than max sockets (4096)

Running named with all of the same files /prior/ to the new
kernel/world did not produce this message. Any thoughts?

Thank you for all your time and consideration in this matter.

--Chris

uname:
FreeBSD 7.2-PRERELEASE Thu Mar 26 i386