SCSI device not created upon a CF card plug in

Eugene Grosbein eugen at kuzbass.ru
Thu Jul 23 05:53:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:14:18AM +0800, Sagara Wijetunga wrote:

> If you conversant in this area, could you help us to identify what is/are
> the exact function/s in which program/s to look into identify the media
> insertion activity, so that we can generate relevant devd event.

No, I'm not. In your position I would study the device specs -
does it generate hardware event in case of media change in first place?

If yes, I'd read sources of umass driver to see how it generates events
for single flash device and add such event for reader's media change.

If not, there should be polling anyway.

Eugene Grosbein