From 7.1 to 7.2 ezjail jails mergemaster not working.

Johan Hendriks Johan at double-l.nl
Fri Jul 3 12:43:43 UTC 2009

Hello all
I have just updated my 7.1 machine to 7.2.
I have updated the 7.1 machine several times with a builworld to follow the Security issues, and always use the same approuch.

cd /us/src
make cleanworld && make buildworld && make kernel
mergemaster -p
shutdown now
cd /usr/src
make installworld
mergemaster -iU

ezjail-admin update -i
mergemaster -iU -D /usr/jails/jail1
mergemaster -iU -D /usr/jails/jail2

this has been working from 7.0 where this machine came from.

After my update to 7.2 and after the ezjail-admin update -i i did the mergemaster step and here it goes wrong.

this is what i get after the command mergemaster -iU -D /usr/jails/jail1

There is no installed version of ./boot/device.hints

install: mkdir /usr.jails/jail1//boot : File exists
install: /usr/jails/jail1//boot: no such file or directory
*** FATAL ERROR : unable to install ./boot/device.hints to /usr/jails/jail1//boot.

what am i doing wrong or what am i forgotten.

Thanks for your time.
regards,
Johan Hendriks