Big problems with 7.1 locking up :-(

Pete French petefrench at ticketswitch.com
Wed Jan 14 05:26:01 PST 2009

> If you have BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER compiled into the kernel, then try pressing
> ctrl-alt-break on the console to see if you can drop into the debugger, or
> issue a serial break on a serial console.

Well, I added BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER to the kernel config I had which contained
all the other stuff (WITNESS etc...). The end result...

...it no longer crashes :-(

I am not sure what to make of that! Wat could adding this to the kernel
possibly do which would make my problems go away ? Should I try just
adding this option to my GENERIC kernel and seeing if that also gives me
something stable ?

-pete.