cvsup freebsd 6_2 to freebsd 7_1 not upgrading?

Barbara barbara.xxx1975 at libero.it
Mon Jan 5 21:05:12 UTC 2009

22.01
>A: <brian at box201.com>, <FreeBSD-stable at FreeBSD.org>
>Ogg: R: cvsup
freebsd 6_2 to freebsd 7_1 not upgrading?

>>Hello List,
>>I'm trying to
upgrade my system from 6_2 to 7_1 and cannot seem
>to do it.
>>Perhaps I'm
missing something. Here is the basic procedure I'm
>following.
>>
>>#cp
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile /root/stand_sup

>>#vi
/root/stand_sup
>><<<host=CHANGE_ME.freebsd.org

>org
>><<<tag=RELENG_6_2
>>
>>#cd /usr/src
>>#cvsup -g -L2

>/root/stand_sup
>>#make -j4 buildworld; make -j4 buildkernel; make

>installkernel
>>
>>... (come back a hour or so later)
>>#make installworld;
reboot

>It seems that you have missed to run "mergemaster -p" before,
and
>"mergemaster" after running "make installworld".
>IMHO, not running
mergemaster,
>you have not updated /etc/motd so it shows 6.2...
Obviously
among the other files.
>And, as pointed by Brooks
>Davis you should have
rebooted before running make installworld.
Try also reading the comments in
/usr/src/Makefile