Gmirror - geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 255h,63s)

Mike Jakubik mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com
Thu Dec 3 16:33:51 UTC 2009

Hello,

I just installed FreeBSD 8 on a few new servers, i followed my usual
procedure for creating a geom mirror right after the installer finished.
However on bootup i get the following notice for my mirror device
"geometry does not match label (16h,63s != 255h,63s)". Can this be
safely ignored? Better yet, how would one go about fixing this?

The servers are Super Micro Super X8STi, i tried both sata mode and ahci.

Thanks.