em interface slow down on 8.0R

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:14:44 UTC 2009

Update: the claim to be unable to install was hasty, I went in and looked
into myself and was able to get an install. Here's what I've found so far:

First, the 82547EI will fail due to Invalid Mac Address, so I guess you
hacked around this problem yourself?  I had someone here test all
legacy adapters for this problem and I was told nothing else was exhibiting
it besides the 82542, obviously this is false :)  In any case I will be
making
an official patch to fix that problem soon.

Second, once I had the device working I do indeed see substandard
performance, I am continuing to debug, but wanted you to know that I
have reproduced this.

Jack