em interface slow down on 8.0R

Jack Vogel jfvogel at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 20:49:17 UTC 2009

We've run into a snag on this problem. The 82547 is a LOM only interface
and my validation engineer has only found two old systems that have it,
and neither of them will even install FreeBSD 8 they are so old :(

I might suggest that you continue using the 7.2 driver with that hardware
if it was working.

To me this is further data on the need to have a frozen legacy version of
em but the problem is which code to use and how to approach it.

Can you give me more specifics on the box you have this installed on??

Regards,

Jack