FreeBSD local r00t zeroday

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Tue Dec 1 11:42:40 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 06:04:05PM +0700, ~Lst wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> What d'you think about this ?
> http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2009/Nov/371

Are you actually asking for an opinions of a security hole, or are you
just trying to bring it to our attention?  An official statement was
already issued to freebsd-security about 10 hours ago:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-security/2009-December/005369.html

The mentioned patch is for src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c (since full paths
aren't present in the patch file).

Mentioned patch has already been committed to the HEAD (CURRENT),
RELENG_7, and RELENG_8 branches approximately 8.75 hours ago, with the
note "Advisory coming soon":

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/libexec/rtld-elf/rtld.c