Freebsd 7.2-RC boot problem

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Wed Apr 29 15:01:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 11:33 -0300, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
> Hardware:
> MB: Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2
> acd0: DVDR <HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH22NS30/1.01> at ata3-master SATA150
>
> ISO                      MEDIA       BOOT
> 7.2-RC2-i386-dvd1.iso    DVD-RW       OK
> 7.2-RC2-i386-livefs.iso  CD-RW        OK!
> 7.2-RC2-amd64-disc1.iso  CD-RW        OK
> 7.2-RC2-i386-disc1.iso   CD-RW,CD-R  FAILS

Thanks, greatly appreciate all the testing.

As part of looking into this I went looking for another Gigabyte
motherboard and through the past 2 days was able to test the same set of
things with the same results.  So far I haven't been able to reproduce
this on anything but Gigabyte.  This is such a bizarre problem I really
needed someone else to confirm so thank you very much.  Since there is a
workaround I don't think I'll hold the release for this problem but we
will need to mention this in the Errata (and possibly the announcement
itself).

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu