7.1/i386: restarts just after begin booting

iiv at dom.raid.ru iiv at dom.raid.ru
Mon Apr 27 22:34:45 UTC 2009

Hello All,

The 6.2 and 6.4 releases work well but I've got some problems when
booting 7.1/i386 release on my server (Duron1200/ASUS A7N233-VM).
When booting from installation CD the computer suddenly restarts
after about 2sec so I even can't see any output (seems it's regs
dump). MD5 hash of CD is OK, replacing CD-ROM drive didn't give any
effect. However after a lot of experimentation I managed to install
7.1 via PXE. But on the first boot just installed 7.1 the same
problem has appeared again. I think there is a bug in boot2 or in
some code executes before the loader because it boots successfully
via PXE (by pxeboot) and by loader at FreeBSD 6.4 installed on an
other hard drive.
P.S. BIOS was updated to latest stable version.