Freebsd 7.2-RC boot problem

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Apr 27 15:05:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 11:03 -0300, Paulo Fragoso wrote:

> I can't boot on cdrom sata, this problem doesn't exist in older releases.
>
> My motherboard is
> Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2
>
> On FreeBSD 7.1 my cdrom drive is detected this way:
> acd0: DVDR <HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH22NS30/1.01> at ata3-master SATA150

Just checking - is *everything* the same?  For example is the media the
same?  Depending on a variety of things I've had issues with rewritable
media versus write-once media, etc.

The machine I test the release builds on before uploading them has a
Gigabyte motherboard (G31M-ES2L) with a sata drive in it so it's not a
generic "sata doesn't work" issue:

acd0: DVDROM <Optiarc DVD-ROM DDU1675S/1.10> at ata0-slave SATA150

If none of that helps we'd need more information about how far it gets
before it stops.

--
                                                Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu