dri + ATI: dramatic performance slowdown

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 24 17:22:08 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 15:11 +0200, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> there is one problem left here. When changing from inside X11 to the
> console (Ctrl+F1), and then changing back to X11 (Alt+F9), the the
> monitor keeps being black. From a remote login I can see, that Xorg is
> now unkillable and eats all my CPU. dmesg shows:
>
> info: [drm] wait idle failed status : 0xA0003030 0x00000003
>
> over and over (looks like the buffer can only keep 1090 lines ;))
>
> All I'm left with is rebooting the system :(

Which chip is this with?  Vt switching seems fine for me on x1650 and HD
3850.  I don't think that I have anything substantial in my tree that
isn't in -STABLE for ATI.

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>