dri + ATI: dramatic performance slowdown

Robert Noland rnoland at FreeBSD.org
Tue Apr 21 17:38:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 19:27 +0200, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
> Robert Noland wrote:
>
> > but you need to be setting Option "AccelMethod"
> > "EXA" on your hardware as well.
>
> (**) RADEONHD(0): Option "DRI" "true"
> (**) RADEONHD(0): Selected EXA 2D acceleration.
> (II) RADEONHD(0): Unknown card detected: 0x9515:0x1787:0x0028.
>
> Great - this did the trick. Now the system works like it was before and I
> can enjoy DRI - resizing videos and so on works now like a charm - like
> some years ago with my old ATI2950 ;)
> Resizing windows, scrolling content is now fast.
>
> Is there a FAQ list where I could have found it by searching on my own?

The r6/7xx drm support is new.  Best place is freebsd-x11@ for late
breaking details on currently supported graphics cards from all vendors.
I am now working with new 3d bits that AMD has released for these cards.
It isn't quite ready yet, but we are getting closer...

robert.

--
Robert Noland <rnoland at FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD