ZFSKnownProblems - needs revision?

Dmitry Morozovsky marck at rinet.ru
Wed Apr 8 18:09:11 UTC 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, Ivan Voras wrote:

IV> > * Are the issues on the list still there?
IV> > * Are there any new issues?
IV> > * Is somebody running ZFS in production (non-trivial loads) with
IV> > success? What architecture / RAM / load / applications used?
IV> > * How is your memory load? (does it leave enough memory for other services)
IV>
IV> also: what configuration (RAIDZ, mirror, etc.?)

Well, besides very strange data corruption problem I reported recently, I have
no problems with ZFS (various combinations: my home workstation has mirror,
notebook has ZFS on single disk, some machines with raidz, some with just disk
on hardware RAID controllers (twa and arcmsr), both amd64 (mostly untuned,
modulo kern.maxvnodes increase) and i386 (desktops; kmem_size/arc_max tuned,
usually to 640m/192m)

All of them are rather fresh RELENG_7.

--
Sincerely,
[ FreeBSD committer:                                 marck at FreeBSD.org ]